Eat Less Than 500 Calories
Weight-Loss Triad >> Glycemic Index >> Less than 500 Calories >> Eat Every 4 Hours
Just as not eating 40-30-30 can cause an insulin spike, and eating high glycemic can cause an insulin spike, so too can eating over 500 calories.
When you eat a meal, your body must manage the calories you are consuming. The path of least resistance is to convert them to Glucose (blood sugar), which is good for immediate use by your body. But when your Glucose Levels are too high, your body releases Insulin to manage the glucose, which in turn tells your body to store fat.
There are several things that contribute to blood sugar levels. The ratio of carbohydrates to proteins and fats. Proteins and fats cause your body to release other hormones that perform "counter" functions to Insulin. Eating Low Glycemic carbohydrates (see the article on the Glycemic Index). And finally, eating over 500 calories at one meal.
When you eat over 500 calories, your body is flooded with fuel. Converting that fuel to Glucose (blood sugar) is the path of least resistance. This in turn raises insulin levels, which do what? Tell your body to store fat.
So do yourself a favor. After going to all the effort to eat balanced, and to eat low glycemic, make sure you stay under 500 calories. You would hate to blow the benefit over such a simple step! Click Here to Let FormulaZone Help.
How do you make sure to eat fewer than 500 calories? There are several tricks that will help.
- Portion control. Put the proper amount on your plate, and put the rest away.
- Don't drink alcohol before you eat. This loosens your judgement.
- Drink lots of water. Water will help you feel physically full.
- Eat low glycemic. It's amazing how much food you will get to eat if you replace high glycemic, dense carbohydrates with low glycemic, fiber-rich carbs. It takes so much more salad to make 200 calories (40% of 500 calories) than it does of something such as pasta, rice, or bread.
- Eat slowly. This gives your body time to feel satisfied. Remember, hunger is a chemical signal, not physical.
- Wait. If after you eat you find you are not satisfied, try waiting 10-15 minutes.
How FormulaZone Helps:
Click Here to Join FormulaZone
FormulaZone customizes every meal to you
. That means that most recipes make just enough for you for one meal to meet your calorie goals. You don't have to exercise portion control, because the recipe makes only a single portion for you. Plus, FormulaZone let's you manage the way you eat. You can distribute your calories the way you
like them over breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and vary the number of snacks per day. And, with our Discussion Forum, you are never alone. You can find out what other people are doing to help them stay on track.